Saturday, February 26, 2005

HOW ONE MAN MADE MORE THAN FIVE MILLION DOLLARS GROWING EARTHWORMS IN HIS BACKYARD

HOW ONE MAN MADE MORE THAN FIVE MILLION DOLLARS GROWING EARTHWORMS IN HIS BACKYARD.

A new website was launched today. After 11 years of commercial vermiculture a pioneer of commercial wormgrowing in Australia finally put all his hard won secrets into a major information package on CD ROM

(PRWEB) November 18, 2002

"How to make a small fortune from your own backyard, or small acreage whether you own it or rent it."

By Darryl J Jones.

Managing Director of Vital Earth International

"How can I make a statement like the above with no exaggeration? Easily! I have done it myself, AND, trained many hundreds of others to do the same."

If you are like most people you are probably always looking for ways to make ends meet. Maybe you're looking for something that will be your own and no longer be an employee in a place where you are taken for granted and discarded for those who are younger. Many people find this out to their horror everyday. No longer are jobs and skills for life. This modern world is a place where jobs become obsolete instantly.

But did you ever consider that your own backyard, or small acreage can provide you a real income for minimal outlay and in a rapidly increasing industry? Do I now have your attention?

I have achieved this and can show you how you too can duplicate exactly the same thing. In YOUR backyard. Even if you only rent it.

Why am I qualified to write the above?

In 1990 I had a ten year old manufacturing business based in Australia. We were making high quality water purifiers for the world....shipped a lot of our product to the Middle East - Kuwait was our distribution point into Saudi Arabia, U. A.E. Bahrain, Oman and Qatar. We even sold into Iraq.  Unfortunately, the day Saddam Hussein's forces entered Kuwait was the starting day of the end of my very profitable, water purifier business.

Sometimes life has very strange new turns

When the Gulf war broke out we struggled on under fairly desperate conditions. Somehow, we even got new countries started in Asia. But the big volume was lost to the principal Middle East markets, permanently.

My company was in tatters.

Up until that fateful invasion, things could not have been better. We had won several small business awards, an exporter of the year award and an Australian design council award, in fact it was a very healthy and vibrant company. But Saddam's brutal assault on Kuwait half way around the world from Australia was the beginning of the end.

What to do next?

From king rooster to feather duster in just six months. If you think you have ever been desperate, try matching this......no money for food....no money for fuel......debt collectors arriving hourly......the phone rang constantly. No, not with orders, just more demands. And more demands. And more. But I did have one asset left

 .........my backyard on the property where I lived

Yet the bank was even trying take that off me. Plus,.....there was more than, ......$250,000 in debts still to pay! (though all paid back in only 18 months from the new business endeavour I am about to describe here.)

But I fought on long enough to keep my home and property when I made the following important decision........

I fell back on something that had worked well for me once before.

I had grown compost worms some 30 years earlier from my parents home in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. They were a handy source of income to support my night school studies for five years. So I knew at least that I could get enough cash from worm growing to put food on the table until I could figure out my next move.

You can easily do it from your own home!

I put in some very simple backyard systems comprising of tank rings just like I had used years before. The cash started coming in. We had food. And electricity. Took the car out on the road. Fuel. The photo to the right here shows the original eight tanks rings, Tank rings cost less than $100.00 each and these are still producing worms and constant income today - nearly 12 years later!

We show you a proven early system you can have operating in just days for only a few hundred dollars.

I had to make another decision. Do I get a job? or was there a chance to make more money than a job could offer if I developed the worm business into something serious? I took a job for six weeks. I was thoroughly and totally depressed everyday for six weeks. Hey! the pay was great and the prospects brilliant. But,......because I had spent the previous 25 years as a self employed person I did not enjoy the new disciplines of filling out the daily wishes of my employer. I resigned.

I resolved to give the worm business my best shot. I had to try.

It turned out to be one of the better decisions I'd made in the whole of my life.

You can duplicate what I have done NOW.

But how do you make a simple small worm farm in a small backyard into a serious business? Fortunately it was one of those rare moments of timing. Consumers were starting to switch their buying priorities to organically grown produce. A faint glimmer, true. But, I could see the glimmering light. THIS was a wave of opportunity. If only I could figure out how. One peculiar culture in worm growing at that time was that worm growers were offering nothing more than a bunch of worms in broken foam boxes held together with packaging or electricians tape. No information was offered to help the buyer and no applications to utilise compost worms were offered.

It was time to introduce real know how.

I knew the power of the compost worm was there, but knew equally well that without applications, first class support, knowledge and training, very few people would be prepared to invest more than a few dollars to experiment. What was needed was a system to grow worms, to transport worms so that the end user had a real system to help him grow them. En masse. To make "the worm-grower" money. Earn a good living. Plus use compost worms commercially in an environment that was safe for them and able to maximise their incredible abilities.

The glimmering light goes ON!

Brilliant ideas often comes to those at sleep, who let their sub-conscious mind work in the background much like a computer tasked to defrag at midnight. At 3am one morning, in my backyard, the Vital Earth modular pit was created. Take a look at it on our web site www. vitalearth. com. au....yes, it looks like a long box, but it's really a money-tree! I knew that the industry had to graduate from foam boxes to something BIG. The Vital Earth worm pit is 3 metres long [over 7 feet] or 50 foam boxes worth of worms. A chance to make REAL money, deliver worms anywhere and get them to work the very next day reducing organic waste to value added product.

Is this all about worms to go fishing?

I can almost hear you saying, "Are you trying to tell me there is a serious business selling bait worms to fishermen?" I still have people to this day who know me well and assume that is what I do because we grow and sell worms. But nothing could be further from the truth. Why sell a $10.00 bucket of worms to go fishing when you can sell a ton of worms for $30,000.00 to eliminate organic waste? Or sell the value-added by-products at $6,00 a litre for liquid cast and $500.00 a ton for solid cast?

Getting the real message out to make serious dollars

I followed up fast with the training seminars that brought vital know-how to those who also could see a future emerging for the compost worm. Darwin, a remarkable scientist at times ahead of all others had identified the compost worm many years before as a most unlikely, but equally, the most important creature on earth for the continuation of food from a living soil. In our FREE REPORT we show you what Darwin discovered 150 years ago. Amazingly, his theory is impacting in reality today, in ways no one could have imagined way back then. Compost worms can eliminate all organic waste thus bypassing landfill options and at the same time create valuable by-products such as solid and liquid fertilizers. Today.....there are many of the Vital Earth modular pit systems Australia wide,....AND some overseas on properties and backyards already.

There is now a huge government supported groundswell that you can be part of worldwide.

Now, even governments worldwide are turning to the humble worm to solve the huge waste mess that man has created world wide. Governments are also providing substantial grants to participants in the Vermiculture industry. Go to our company website at www. vitalearth. com. au for links to some of these government programs and see for yourself.

Now just for a moment, think about this.

As governments world wide turn to the expertise of Vermiculturist's to solve organic waste elimination and conversion. Some governments are even driving sales for products like our Vermi-Converter and vermiculture consultation. YOU can be part of that opportunity, and take a ride with YOUR government man as YOUR assistant and promoter. We'll show you how.

Who can benefit most with this information?

Just about anyone with a backyard and the determination to make substantially extra money, plus the desire to develop a long term highly profitable business.

Certainly farmers looking to make their own organic fertilizers on site and save major dollars on chemical fertilizer, plus get a premium on the organically grown produce will gain enormously.

Our information can be used by schools and even municipal governments looking for alternatives to land fill, or factories that need to dispose of organic waste.

It might be a holiday resort or even an island resort that could benefit greatly from converting organic waste to a value added organic fertilizer suitable for a beautification program at the resort gardens.

Where ever there is a need for organic waste elimination, plus organic fertilizers then our hard won information is a must.

It could be a factory owner or a restaurateur with a waste problem.

There is no need to buy the $7,000.00 worth of mostly useless books like I did to re-learn the hard way what I already know and offer for such a low price.

There is no need to spend eleven years learning what I had to learn to be able to get it all down onto a low cost CD ROM. I have already done it for you.

There is no need to make the costly mistakes I made early in the learning curve because you will have a proven system from the beginning.

There is also no need to come to one of our "one on one" seminars as we have put this information down in an easily learnable and understandable form and we support you with six months free email support for as many questions as you need to ask. Even dumb ones!

There is no need to spend huge dollars like we did with a business plan developer as we offer you a fully customised business pan and spreadsheets just for Vermiculture.

There is no need to hire an accountant to develop an Excel spreadsheet to study cost benefits and business performance as we include that as well.

Our commercial worm growing manual includes formulas and marketing methods for all your products.

Finally our comprehensive PowerPoint slide show has slides you in turn not only learn from, but can use to close your own deals and do your own sparkling presentations like the professional you will be when you employ our methods of growing worms. And our methods for making quality highly saleable by-products and marketing all these products with proven methods fully explained.