Sunday, January 15, 2006

Degree helps nurturing school advisor

Degree helps nurturing school advisor

The Nurture Group Network supports the healthy development of children and young people in schools throughout the UK. As a school improvement advisor for the organisation, Claire Eccleshall has attained a degree from Staffordshire University to help in her work.

(PRWeb UK) August 26, 2010

Claire Eccleshall has advanced her work helping children with emotional and behavioural difficulties after attaining two qualifications from Staffordshire University.

She works as a school improvement advisor for The Nurture Group Network, an organisation that improves the development of children and young people in UK schools.

Now Claire has attained a Foundation Degree in Teaching Assistants and more recently a First on undergraduate course BA(Hons) Education to help her in her work.

She said: “Nurture Groups were started in the early ‘70s by a lady called Marjorie Boxall and they’re now taking the country by storm.

“I started a Nurture Group in 2004, at the Grove Primary School, in Stafford, for children with nurture problems and I want to get other schools involved.

“There are so many broken families in our society and it’s these children that need our help and we have to support them and teach them things like how to be sociable and manners.”

Claire, 42, from Stafford, found it challenging to continue her work while studying for her honours degree but, despite this, received an award for Best Overall Performance on her course.

She said: “It has been hard to finish the degree because I’ve got a family – my 15-year-old son Joseph and my husband Geoff – and a full-time job. But I got a first and it was worth it.

“My mother, Glenys, was my inspiration because she did a degree when she was 40 and worked for Staffordshire University. She told me to do the degree and I’m so glad I did.”

# # #