Sunday, September 23, 2007

Intrepid virtual assistant celebrates two-year anniversary

Intrepid virtual assistant celebrates two-year anniversary

Savvy entrepreneur Kathy Smith leaped into the dark a couple of years ago when she changed the nature of her business and looked beyond her local community for clients. But her hunch paid off, and next month she will begin her third successful year as a 'VA'.

(PRWEB) March 18, 2003

Prior to start-up, Smith worked from 1993 to 1997 in several administrative posts with the British Columbia government's ministry of health. During her time in these positions, Kathy successfully landed and maintained several mental health committee secretarial positions and eventually held the position of communications coordinator for the REES office. In 1997 she decided to open her own home-based business, Smith Consulting Services, offering secretarial service to local contractors.

As time went on, Kathy found herself working more and more over the web. In 2001, she changed the business name to Smith Secretarial and Design, and began looking for more opportunities to use her administrative, marketing and writing expertise to assist other virtual entrepreneurs.

"I'm the reliable personal assistant you can really count on -- except you never see me," she says. She has since developed special monthly packages for clients based on their needs, and now has a staff of three. Her virtual client list is impressive -- she provides services to clients located in Canada, the United States, and beyond, all from her comfortable, well-equipped office on Vancouver Island.

"I think the reason people like to use my services is that I am friendly and efficient. I care about my work and I want to give only my very best to my clientele," says Smith. "I'd like to thank my clients for their continued trust. And I'm very proud to be celebrating the second year anniversary of Smith Secretarial & Design."