Friday, April 18, 2008

“Talk About It” Theme for National Coming Out Day ’06 New Book to Talk About Relationships

“Talk About It” Theme for National Coming Out Day ’06 New Book to Talk About Relationships

Announces latest book by international relationship expert Dr. Laurie Weiss. Being Happy Together brings Dr. Weiss's 34 years of experience to gay and lesbian couples for the first time. The book offers practical tools for gay couples to improve their relationships with only an hour a week.

Las Cruces, NM (PRWEB) September 18, 2006

Since 1987 the 11th of October has been promoted by the Human Rights Campaign as National Coming Out Day. A day designed to expand the understanding of the GLBT community by making gays and lesbians more visible to their families, friends and neighbors. “Talk About It” is the theme of this year’s National Coming Out Day, October 11, 2006. The Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Coming Out Project, the sponsor of NCOD, is an on-going campaign to empower gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and allied Americans to live openly and honestly about their lives. Relationship expert Dr. Laurie Weiss wants the GLBT community to talk about their relationships, and her new eBook Being Happy Together to be released October 11th is designed to stimulate that conversation. Being Happy Together is a treasure trove of information, insights and tools to make any same-sex relationship better with just a little effort each week.

Dr. Weiss holds a Ph. D. in Health and Human Services from Columbia Pacific University and is the author of several books including: What is the Emperor Wearing? Truth-Telling in Business Relationships, I Don't Need Therapy But...Where Do I Turn for Answers, An Action Plan for Your Inner Child: Parenting Each Other and Recovery from Co-dependency: It's Never Too Late to Reclaim Your Childhood (with Jonathan B. Weiss). Dr. Weiss is an international authority on relationships having presented her work in England, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Romania, Turkey and throughout the USA.

In Being Happy Together Dr. Weiss offers gay and lesbian couples effective tools that in about an hour each week will improve their relationships. Relationships take work, but this eBook makes that work fun and convenient. According to Dr. Weiss, “ after over 30 years as a counselor I can honestly say; It only takes a few minutes a week and each time you practice using my secret, you become closer to each other. I will show you exactly how to do it in this new eBook.”

Dr. Weiss continues, “As you’re reading this you may be thinking, “We've tried other stuff and nothing seems to work. I think we need counseling to really change, and we don’t have the time or money for that. I don’t think an hour a week is enough to make any difference at all."

“You know that I can’t really tell you whether or not you need counseling. What I can tell you is that the information I have for you comes directly from my own counseling practice!”

Dr. Weiss says of the new book, “One morning I was so tired of saying the same things over and over again that I sat down and started writing down everything I told almost every couple I worked with. Eventually I had pages and pages of tips that I asked other people to help me organize and refine. I wound up with a book that over 1000 people have used and loved.”

You can join the priority notification list to get information about great new eBook Program on relationships, Being Happy Together as it becomes available, go to http://www. beinghappybook. com/glbt/Priority/?af=425193 (http://www. beinghappybook. com/glbt/Priority/?af=425193)

###