Inaugural Charity Campaign With "Garden Of 100 Million Flowers" Launched On Christmas Eve
An innovative new site at http://www.1friend2another. org launched on Christmas Eve at 12:00pm EDT on December 24, 2008. This site has several internationally newsworthy "firsts": (1) A virtual Magic Rainbow that shines above the White House grounds, where anyone can plant up to seven flowers; (2) A Mount Rushmore scene displaying what our greatest Presidents said and where visitors can voice their advice to President-Elect Obama; (3) A giveaway the Book Of Time, a compendium of time-saving tips that can increase anyone's free time by hundreds or thousands of hours, and soon to be translated into seven languages; (4) The ambition of this site is to raise $20 million for charities, in an ongoing effort dubbed the "Inauguration Charity Campaign"; (5) Visitors can participate in "The Contest With Unlimited Prizes!": Anyone who leaves a comment for Barack Obama will receive a valuable prize (mostly by download, but a few by mail); and (6) It is site is specially designed to support the media: Reporters and bloggers can actually track the growth of the "Garden of 100 Million Flowers" in real time and personally verify its explosive growth. "We believe this site will grow through word-of-mouth to well over 100 million flowers because it's exceptionally fun, beautifully designed, and socially very useful and charitable," said David O. Snow, Director of the Consumer Freedom Alliance.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) December 24, 2008
An innovative new site at http://www.1friend2another. org (http://www.1friend2another. org) will launch at 12:00pm EDT on December 24, 2008. "We believe this site will grow through word-of-mouth to well over 100 million flowers because it's exceptionally fun, beautifully designed, and socially very useful and charitable," said David O. Snow, Director of the Consumer Freedom Alliance.
Six Newsworthy "Firsts":
This site has several internationally newsworthy "firsts":
- When people walk the Magic Rainbow that shines above the White House at our site, they will come across five scenes, one of which enables them to plant up to seven flowers. The garden starts at just over 7.5 million flowers (our guesstimate for how many flowers are planted in Washington, at least in the summertime.) "To reach our goal of 100 million flowers, the site needs to attract at least 20 million people. We believe we'll do it, using the incredible power of word-of-mouth on the Internet," said Snow.
- Its "virtual garden" is located on the White House grounds at a time when the inauguration of a new president is near. In the Mount Rushmore scene, everyone can read what our greatest Presidents said, and anyone can voice their advice to President-Elect Obama. Although the site uses the White House as a familiar landmark, its usage implies no political or partisan purpose.
- Perhaps most importantly, the site gives away the Book Of Time, a compendium of time-saving tips that can increase anyone's free time by hundreds, perhaps even thousands of hours over their lifetime. Gaining just 50 hours of free time each year over twenty years means 1000 more hours of free time. If 100 million people take advantage of this free book, that's a staggering 100 billion hours that all those people can enjoy with their friends and family. "It's a truly revolutionary book, and we encourage everyone to visit its support site at 10Freedom. com to find out why," said Snow, the book's Author.
- While most sites that are designed to spread by word of mouth are launched in support of corporations, this one is designed to inspire people worldwide to give huge sums of money for charities. In an ongoing effort dubbed the "Inauguration Charity Campaign", our goal is to raise $20 million for charities at a time when donations are dwindling for many of them. "Our philosophical goal is to disseminate very high-quality consumer information in support of charities," said Snow. "With this information, we can teach people to live better. The more people live right, the less likely they will become a burden on charity, so spreading good teachings is an excellent way of being charitable in and of itself."
- Visitors can participate in "The Contest With Unlimited Prizes!" Anyone who leaves a comment for Barack Obama will have their remark immortalized for posterity by having it presented along with comments left by others to his planned Presidential Library. And by simply leaving a comment, everyone will receive a valuable prize (mostly by download, but a few by mail.) No one is asked to give us any of their contact information in order to participate in this contest. At a minimum, every visitor will receive a prize package worth $25, including a sequel to The Book Of Time as well as some other really nice downloadable prizes to be named later. As the site evolves, we project that other kind-hearted humanitarians will contribute their own prizes to be given away in this contest.
A Prize For Everyone: You will receive a prize package worth $25, including a sequel to The Book Of Time. That in itself should be worth $25 to most people, plus we'll add at least a couple of other really nice downloadable prizes to be named later.
- This site is specially designed to support the media. Reporters and bloggers can actually track the growth of the "Garden of 100 Million Flowers" and personally verify its explosive growth. First, after the site is launched at noon EDT on December 24, reporters should press the "=" key (the equal sign), as soon as the site has loaded into their browser. When they do, they'll be treated to a secret way that they can personally track the snowballing traffic, as the site grows at exponential speed. Journalists will immediately receive a special link that lets them email their contacts about the site, then track how many times their contacts forward it to others, and so on to "six degrees of separation" and probably even beyond that
Second, we are keeping a journal on FaceBook to allow anyone to follow our progress:
Inauguration Charity Campaign @ http://www. facebook. com/profile. php? id=1092339744 (http://www. facebook. com/profile. php? id=1092339744)
Of course, the six supported charities themselves are allowed to track the success of their email campaigns in the same way that reporters are. You can read more about the participation of these charities (Pajama Program, Homes For Our Troops, OliviaAppeal. com, Medical Teams International, Mercy Corps and Cars for Causes) at http://www.10freedom. com/donate. pdf (http://www.10freedom. com/donate. pdf).
A Paradigm Change In Self-Help Publishing:
By launching this site, the Consumer Freedom Alliance hopes to entertain and enlighten people worldwide, while generating a large amount of money for charities. The ultimate goal of the CFA is to create "edutainment" sites that are so unprecedented in their entertainment value and usefulness that millions upon millions of people will want to spread high-quality information to many of their friends.
"The world's finest minds are already beginning to use the Internet to spread their teachings to millions, and we intend to support this developing trend every step of the way," said Snow. "We realize this site will generate worldwide interest, so we're including charities from Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom in the Book Of Time." The Canadian charities are the Vancouver Foundation and SOS Children's Villages Canada. The UK charities are Booktrust, Action For Children, MacMillan Cancer Support, and the World Society for the Protection of Animals. The Australian charity is the aforementioned OliviaAppeal. com, Olivia Newton-John's campaign to build a sophisticated cancer research and treatment center in Australia.
This campaign ultimately will not be limited to only English-speaking countries. Time is universally valued by everyone, so we have commenced fulfilling our humane responsibilities by initiating the translation of the Book Of Time to Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, French, German and Russian.
The Consumer Freedom Alliance is an ambitious consumer publishing company founded in 2005 with the motto "Health, Safety and Financial Freedom for All." Its mission is to persuade consumers to read, utilize and pass along helpful tips so that all consumers may benefit.